Friday, April 4, 2014

My Foot!!!



Have you ever read a verse or verses of God's word and, although you have read it before, you have some sudden realization or revelation? I have read Psalm 91 a lot.... and I mean A LOT! It speaks of God's protection. It describes Him as our refuge, our place of safety. It can be a very comforting scripture to read aloud. And although I have read it over and over and over again, something stuck out at me as I read it again tonight.

"For He orders His angels to protect you wherever you go. They will hold you with their hands to keep you from striking your foot on a stone."     ~Psalm 91:11-12

Did you catch that?!!?! "...to keep you from striking your foot on a stone."
I mean, I don't think that stubbing your toe is that big of a deal, do you? It's definitely not as bad as stepping on a lego!  ;)
It seems a bit insignificant to me, especially given the context of Psalm 91 concerning the horrid things that can happen to you! Traps, plagues, terror, danger, disaster, ten thousand dying around you! And then it's just tucked away in there with all the "big deal" issues that, hey, also He'll protect you from the most seemingly minor mishap! I just thought that was cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment